Wednesday, June 30, 2010

looks are deceiving


it has been an uneventful day.
everybody in the office is busy with finishing up documentation for the financial year end.
so me, being a thoughtful trainee thought that it is best that i don't bother my supervisor to ask for a task (translated to being plain ol' lazy).
and i thought that i could survive the whole day looking busy by frowning while reading blogs and IMing my buddies (gives the illusion as if i am doing something work related).

but at 10.33 a.m i found myself burned out.
mata pedih nak mampus sebab dok stare at the laptop monitor for 2 hours non-stop..real busy right?
so i went around occasionally holding my notebook and pen, going around like i am doing inspections and shit.
and after that i was still bored waiting for the clock to tick 12.30 (my lunch time).

so i browsed blogs, occasionally browsing FB to see any updates. none.
so i decided to burden my mind with the list of new things i need to buy to start my wardrobe revamp.
and i just read that wearing a square toe shoes is a faux pas!(bummer!)
and this shoe cost me 300+ bux!!(to be fair, it was a gift from my dad. but still!)

so shoe issues aside, these are a few things that i am going to get myself as a birthday gift and also something for raya (just to reduce the feeling of guilt for spending extravagantly).
these days i find myself fairly particular bout pants. and to my delight, skinny jeans are not so in anymore!! ( i dreaded when everyone was spotting skinnies while i can't due to my oh-so-manly thighs*sigh*).
ok ok..so here is THE list:

  1. 3 pairs of slim cut pants, non-pleated (chinos or khakis)..2 natural colours and one super daring colour (TBD).
  2. a few plain t-shirts/v-necks..lets put it at 3.
  3. an finally a few pairs of fine fitting plain shirts. think i am going to get 2 just to experiment. i'll try to avoid plaids cause that is so budak baru nak up kinda look.
  4. now my problem is finding the right pair of shoes. i have yet to see the result of this revamp, so shoes are quite an investment to make, and furthermore i can only wear them during weekends when i am out dating (any volunteers?). so i will put them in my KIV list.
  5. i would love to have sports jackets in my list, but it is not practical with me living in Malaysia in this freaking hot weather!
so i hopefully i will be able to look like this: (but with darker shades of skin and a slightly more penyek nose and minus the jacket)


courtesy of SB

i will update my blog on this new revamp a month from now. if i do succeed in changing my look.
Cheers.


end note-stupidly enough, in Malaysia (only i think), well dressed men are perceived to being queer. what is up with that. though i am no fashion expert, but i do think men should take care of the way they look. at least, at least use deodorant. no matter how good you look, but if people can't stand 2 meters from you, it still beats the purpose.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

coloured pant w/o the jacket so not cool. wear it with the jacket. listen to me. i know best. hwahaha

p/s: pink pants so hot!! the shoes are a different story all together. buy a sleeker one.

En. amirul bond said...

haha..thanks err fashion guru..if u weren't anonymous maybe it would be easier for me to ask for fashion tips..;p